• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What the Hell? CPU temps...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xFlankerx

This morning, I found my PC unclocked back to stock.

Now, at stock, my CPU is running at 53*C Idle and 61*C Load.

If was 37*C Idle and 53*C load before...

The last thing I've done is mod the 6600GT's BIOS so that I can read the 6600GT's temps.

And the last time I saw temps like these was when I had just gotten the Abit AV8 mobo and it had the original BIOS which reported INCORRECT temps. When I updated the BIOS to the latest version, the temps were correct to the 37/53 temps.

Sorry, forgot about that.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.5Ghz and 1.45v when the system unoverclocked itself. Oh, and note, the only difference in the BIOS was that it was unoverclocked, all my other settings were still like I had set them.
Abit AV8 Socket 939 VIA K8T800Pro Chipset, BIOS v24.

The original BIOS gave incorrect temp readings, just like the 50*C Idle that I'm getting right now. I wasn't able to check load temps back then though because any program I would run would freeze due to an unrelated problem. These temps look like those given by the incorrect BIOS. But I updated the BIOS, why would the new version suddenly give high, MAYBE incorrect, temp readings?

The last thing I did before this happened was to Mod the BIOS of my eVGA GeForce 6600GT so that it would display the card temps. Then I overclocked the video card. Could this have in any way reset the BIOS of the mobo?

I've tried to re-flash the BIOS, but it freezes during flashing. Could this be because I'm trying to update a BIOS with a version thats already there?

Well, my CPU is inherently hot. Even with the correct temps reported, it Idles at 37 and is 53 @ load when overclocked. I think it idles at 35 and loads at 49 when at stock.

As for the BIOS, I've tried reflashing it, but it freezes while I'm reflashing it. Could this be because I'm trying to reflash it to the same version of the BIOS thats already there?

How about if I clear the CMOS, will that reset the BIOS?

And the voltage was at 1.45v when the unoverclock occurred. I have my PC at all stock right now and 1.40v.

Back