• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quality High Tech warning!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
This is a warning for all those who are considering using QHT as a warrantee repair facility.
First lets get some basic info about them out:
Map: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...zipcode=75243&homesubmit.x=29&homesubmit.y=12

The story behind this:
About three years ago, I got my first laptop. And my first computer, key word MY computer. It is a Toshiba satellite 1200-s122. About 6months into its use I had my first problem with it, although it’s hard to call it a problem, the latch to keep the lid down broke. I now suspect that was due to my Targus case. After that the laptop was fine until about a year ago, when the backlight on the LCD screen started to go intermittent, and the dvd-rom/cd-rom drive also started acting up. Did some research and found out it was a known issue, but I chose not to do anything until it became a big problem. The big problem came up about 2 months ago, the backlight croaked. I backed up all my data by using the external monitor port on the computer to see the screen. Got it back two weeks later, they had fixed almost everything wrong with it. New cd drive, new backlight(apparently it is separate from the screen because I still have the same back pixels on the screen, which is no biggie as they are hardly noticeable), and they even fixed the little ding on one of my speakers that it obtained when I lent it to my sister. The problem was that there was one cross threaded screw, a missing rubber pad on the top of the computer, and a screw in the bottom of the case was missing. At that point I assumed that they had neglected to put it back in. That was no real big deal as I am sure the laptop can still live without that screw. 6 weeks latter I noticed that I was wrong, they left the screw inside the computer. Fortunately, it was stuck in a place where it was not a problem, for the time being. It came lose, and I almost did not notice that it was lose before I turned it on. Only the rattling saved me, I immediately pulled the battery out and inserted a small dust/lint free cloth to keep the dust out of the computer. Had my dad return the computer to them and tell them what was wrong, they were not exactly happy with us. My dad has assured me that he emphasized the fact that there was a screw loose inside the computer. They fixed everything but the screw, which is what I wanted them to fix, everything else was secondary. Now, the system has a short in it, as it makes a popping noise when ever I try to power it up.

I am down right P.O.’d at them, completely unsatisfied :mad: . I am considering giving them one last chance, and I am definitely calling up Toshiba about them as they are supposed to be a “premier” service facility.

Last edited:
Back