• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check it...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShoNuff

Check it...More new stuff on the way :)

I thought I would do something a little different and share my work with all of you from the end to the beginning. Well, sorta, I'm not actually done yet.

I wanted to kick this off with a pic of my side panel. Just got it back from Custom Water Cuts

Anyway...here is the first pic. Many more pics to come.

sp007.jpg

I will be sharing all the particulars such as: case, mobo processor, cooling and the mods as I go.

Sho

Last edited:
like everyone else how much, how much, and how much.

but so far its lookin' good now a light behind that cut and your good to go

Thanks for the compliments fellas :)

It wasn't much at all. CWC requires that you submit an image of what you want cut so that they can convert it into a pdf file and spec it for the machine. This will cost you $15. Should you decide to go forward they will credit the $15 towards your purchase. It cost me $70 total. Of course prices vary depending on the amount of work they have to do.

v1kh20086.jpg

After submitting the image I measured and double-checked the location of the cut.

v1kh20062.jpg

As you see from the background in the first pic I mounted an Aqua-Computer Evo 360 Radiator into the LianLi V1000. I am going with a green theme and will have a nice green lite illuminating the Lion when I am done.

I am going to put a plexi screen behind the window and wrap it in Modders Mesh. I got the idea from something similar at Gruntville.

That is awsome and the price wasn't much eathier. If i were to do it how do i convert te imgae file to PDF?? i want to do tat and set up a nice CC behind it. maybe i will do that in the future

mils128 said:
That is awsome and the price wasn't much eathier. If i were to do it how do i convert te imgae file to PDF?? i want to do tat and set up a nice CC behind it. maybe i will do that in the future

When they sent the pdf back to me it had several measurements on it. So, I think that once you get a working drawing they scale it to fit your case. In otherwords, if you created a pdf they would probably have to redo it anyway. Send em' an email. Chris is a real nice guy. I'm sure he would be happy to work with you.

"Art Nouveau is an elegant decorative art style characterized by intricately detailed patterns of curving lines." -artcyclopedia.com

"In general it was most successfully practiced in the decorative arts: furniture, jewelry, and book design and illustration. The style was richly ornamental and asymmetrical, characterized by a whiplash linearity reminiscent of twining plant tendrils. Its exponents chose themes fraught with symbolism, frequently of an erotic nature. They imbued their designs with dreamlike and exotic forms." -encyclopedia.com

Got that pegged. ShoNuff's lion would be perfecly at home in this stained-glass window landscape. Love it, BTW.

I am using an Aqua-Computer AquaTube Revision 1.1. Mounted in the hard drive bay as you can see below.

This thing was a bear to install due to the fact that it is "slightly" larger than the standard 80mm hole saw. Now it sits nice and snug it its new home.

v1kh20037.jpg

ACblock005.jpg

I am going to replace the 45 degree elbows on the left with these 90's I got recently. Should be less restrictive and easier to plumb.

v1kh20044.jpg

I imagine it will look even better with the green LED and water flowing through it.

v1kh20043.jpg

Got the European parts (mostly Aqua-Computer) gear from SNT Systems.

Last edited:
man. that is going to be one of the sexier wc'd cases i have seen to date. very nice work. that lion on your door is very impressive, but god damn.. $70 to have it cut? just.. wow.
Just very nice overall ^^ will look awsome.

i love that grill but damn 37bux is way too much for me. looks good tho. also do you need to pay $15 just to get a price estimate on a panel design or is it free?

Last edited:
Nice design. It looks like the stylized MGM lion that I've seen in a Stanley Kubrick film or two. With that kind of theme, it'd make a pretty cool media center type rig. Nice looking setup so far, looks professional.

Sean Lindstrom said:
"Art Nouveau is an elegant decorative art style characterized by intricately detailed patterns of curving lines." -artcyclopedia.com

"In general it was most successfully practiced in the decorative arts: furniture, jewelry, and book design and illustration. The style was richly ornamental and asymmetrical, characterized by a whiplash linearity reminiscent of twining plant tendrils. Its exponents chose themes fraught with symbolism, frequently of an erotic nature. They imbued their designs with dreamlike and exotic forms." -encyclopedia.com

Got that pegged. ShoNuff's lion would be perfecly at home in this stained-glass window landscape. Love it, BTW.

Sean, I gotta say I like the way you think. :p

Skeen said:
Nice design. It looks like the stylized MGM lion that I've seen in a Stanley Kubrick film or two. With that kind of theme, it'd make a pretty cool media center type rig. Nice looking setup so far, looks professional.

Thanks Bro. It is actually going in a "Home Office" where I have my customers visit. The design flows with the whole Herman Miller, Silicon Valley, high tech set up I have. :D Its "purdy" on the outside and 110% gaming rig on the inside!

dj_2004 said:
i love that grill but damn 37bux is way too much for me. looks good tho. also do you need to pay $15 just to get a price estimate on a panel design or is it free?

If you want a "Factory Window" it will cost you between $55-$65 including shipping. Unfortunately the LianLi's aren’t cheap. Yes, Chris will charge you $15 to prepare a quote. Based on the .pdf file I got back it seems like a lot of work goes into preparing a quote. You do get it back if you decide to go with him. Note, I sent the same image to Voyeur Mods and they quoted me $200 to do the same work. :eek:

I recently found some sleeving that I've never seen before. Given my "Green" theme I think it will work well. I should have the sleeving by Monday and finish the job sometime next week.

The PSU I am sleeving is below. It is the OCZ/Tagan Powerstream 520. It is a very nice unit. I had a PCP&C 510 Deluxe but it was very loud under load. I was using it to power my 3.2GHz EE cpu, two optical drives, 3 HD's, 9800XT, 2 120mm and 5 80mm fans and it would get very loud under load. At idle it was whisper quite. The rails were ultra tight under MBM as monitored in windows.

I haven’t been able to test the OCZ 520 much. I just know it is quite and also has very tight tolerances on all rails. So far I am impressed. In addition to that it looks so good my wife (who could care less about my hobby) had to stop and ask me what that shiny thing was.

Behold..."The shiny thing" :clap:

psumod002.jpg

PSU is done...finally

Finally got the PSU done. Did away with the annoying 24 pin connector and that one connector I've never used since I've been building PC's. The extra four wires for the ATX connector are hidden in the ATX connector sleeving. I'm happy with the way it turned out. :D

AQ026.jpg
AQ019.jpg

Bad News...

I had been waiting on this pump to complete this project and it arrived broken. It will be two more weeks before I will see another one. :mad:

AQ006.jpg
AQ001.jpg

Back