• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

farcry black and blue pixelations around characters with my 9800xt, any suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myhre

farcry black and blue pixelations around characters with my 9800xt, any suggestions?

I'm running a 9800XT and I'm getting really odd black and blue artifacts? around some of the items and characters in the game. The first time I noticed it was towards the very beginning when lead merc tells another merc to watch out for a guy in a red shirt. They had blue pixels around their bodies. I just noticed black pixels around my machette when held up to the light. I don't even have all of the graphics turned up. I only have 1.0farcry and I have 4.7 cat drivers. Is this a known issure or is my vid card bunk? It runs all my other graphic intensive games fine at full effects. Even multiple instances of daoc which is graphically intense.

It seems Ati really dropped the ball with their most recent sets of drivers. Both games I bought recently have problems with 4.7. Knight of the Old Republic, and Farcry. Should I revert to 4.6 or is 4.8 coming out soon?

i'd go back to the 4.6s until 4.8 comes out.... they haven't given a timetable as to when the 4.8s are coming out.

Thanks for the info, I switched back to 4.6 and not only did it get rid of that blue/black pixels, but it seems to actually run smoother now.

Back