• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking woes with Q8200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I backed off to 3.4 currently. Everything auto, besides DRAM voltage and the divider. Much more stable.

Either incidentally, or coincidentally, windows informed me of a nice little error, and had to go back to a point. Not sure if the two are connected, or how.

IE, if crashes caused corrupted files
Corrupted files caused crashing.

We'll see with how this OC goes. Thanks again.

What does CPUz say your vcore is? Some boards overvolt the cpu rather badly when they're on auto.

I'd say you're all set then.

Sorry about the double post, no clue how it got there. If i can delete it i will. It's gone, yay!

You have to max out your northbridge voltage. Also go a little higher on your cpu voltage and set PLL to max. Now you should be able to OC even higher, but it will get hot, have proper cooling,, gl

Maxing any voltage is a dubious thing to do, especially on boards that allow huge max voltages for the LN2 crowd.

Back