• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did anyone try the 191.57 beta drivers ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tweakboy

Disabled
I was about to but things came up. Then I just let it go. That is a big version jump from 07 to 191.57

If enough peep interested I can get dl link.

thx

i never ever run betas.... only LEGIT drivers DIRECTLY from nvidias driver page... never once have i had a gfx driver problem.

???

WTF you talking about? Nvidia's beta drivers ARE legit, and they ARE on the driver page.

I understand why people don't want to run beta's, But realize that beta does not mean Cracked / Hacked / Non-Legit.

Plus, Beta driver help out the company. They release beta drivers, and the users test them out, and report back on any bugs that they have found / encountered while using the drivers. It allows companies to make their software more stable.

DL link? Release notes? Something? :)

I cant find it on the Nvidia page. 191.07 is all I could get.

Nope, it didnt come up for me in beta drivers when I looked two days ago. Im sure its me, but it wasnt there.

Attachments

• 191drivers.jpg
    191drivers.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
it not there for me. They need to come out with a better driver soon or i will sell my card and go to ATI

COD4 does not stutter for me. 185.85 or 191.07's. I wouldnt blame it on the drivers for COD4. ;)

Well i can't think of anything else. Nothing else has changed but the video card and the drivers(i have tried several after the 185.xx that i used with the 8800). i did a clean sweep of all the old drivers and i even ran a temp monitor while in game and it is not getting to hot 65-70ish.

EDIT: i just went to recheck the temp and now it won't show up!!

Last edited:
i used beta in the past and i have learned the do more harm then good. I got shutters in l4d because of using super old 17X.XX as soon as i did the 182 it was all good. By then i got kind of tired of l4d cant wait for the new one though.

damn mic spamming pubescent retards

i used beta in the past and i have learned the do more harm then good. I got shutters in l4d because of using super old 17X.XX as soon as i did the 182 it was all good. By then i got kind of tired of l4d cant wait for the new one though.

damn mic spamming pubescent retards
actually i am 29

lol

i need a fourth for my friends we only have 3

i never ever run betas.... only LEGIT drivers DIRECTLY from nvidias driver page... never once have i had a gfx driver problem.

Oh yeah? Well I've run both beta AND "legit" drivers for over twenty years and I've never once had a driver problem.

A driver is just a driver. It's not like you're changing the firmware or something.

If you don't like the performance of it, you just uninstall it and install a different one.
Just
And... if you're smart about it... you find out if the driver you're upgrading to is any good before you upgrade.

That said, tons of people were saying 191.07 was going to blow up my system. Seeing as it was an official release, it was sort of unlikely. Just as unlikely as if it were a beta that a few million people were running (such as the early Vista drivers for the 8800 series where you basically HAD to run a beta driver.)

Been running 191.07 for a couple of weeks now: Solid as a rock.

Back