• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New nVidia WHQL drivers 191.07 WHQL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wish when people post these threads that they would add the release notes.... Anyway, here are the release notes this driver...:)

New in Version 191.07

Adds support for OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8, 9, 100, and 200-series GPUs and ION GPUs.
Accelerates performance in several gaming applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with version 191.07 drivers vs. version 190.62 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2
Up to 8% performance increase in Batman: Arkham Asylum with GPU PhysX enabled
Up to 50% performance increase in Call of Juarez: Blood in Bound with SLI enabled
Up to 14% performance increase in Fallout 3 (indoor scenes) with antialiasing enabled
Up to 10% performance increase in Far Cry 2 (DX9 version) with antialiasing enabled
Up to 34% performance increase in Prototype with antialiasing enabled
Adds SLI support for Aion, Darkfall, Dawn of Magic 2: Time of Shadows, Dreamkiller, Fuel, Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim, Need for Speed: Shift and more.
Includes numerous bug fixes, including the following key fix (additional bug fixes can be found in the release notes on the documentation tab): For graphics cards supporting multiple clock states, 3D clocks correctly return to 2D clocks after exiting a 3D application.
Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

Montana fades back for the pass. Rice is alone in the endzone. The ball is in the air. It bounces off of Rice's head.

No good for me. I lost the temp sensor reading off of GPU 1. The clocks were there, but no temps. I rebooted three times and nada. Uninstall 191.07 and they were back with the native 7 drives. Reinstall 190.62 and it was missing until I did a restart and then it was back.

Montana fades back for the pass. Rice is alone in the endzone. The ball is in the air. It bounces off of Rice's head.

No good for me. I lost the temp sensor reading off of GPU 1. The clocks were there, but no temps. I rebooted three times and nada. Uninstall 191.07 and they were back with the native 7 drives. Reinstall 190.62 and it was missing until I did a restart and then it was back.
yeah that seems to be teh case for the newer drivers

tehre was a fix for that if you want me to find it

i am all up to date on the new drivers after my fiasco haha

Sorry earthdog , Thanks for the heads up. my bad.. I should from now on.. thanks. .. :)

Well immediately I saw performance increase in AERO ,

I played games and things were as smooth as ever Ive seen. hmmm

Ok I need help guys... maybe some of you are experiencing the same issues as I do. It's about old OpenGL games, in my case they are GoldSrc-based games, namely Blue Shift, Opposing Force, Natural Selection, Poke646, and other Half-Life modifications. I haven't tested in more recent OGL games like DOOM 3 or Quake IV, so I wouldn't know about those (I do own DOOM 3, I could check that one but it's not installed and I don't actually want to install it since I just wouldn't play it at all).

So, the issue itself... it's simple, but complicated at the same time. To set my various drivers settings like textures quality and anti-aliasing I use the official NVIDIA's control panel, like most people are doing, I guess. The problem is that whatever I try to do in the official CP for those games in terms of A-A and A-F settings it just doesn't work at all! I try to over-ride the settings, to force A-A, and leave A-F at 16x for instance, and A-A at 4x, I try all the options, and when I play the game the textures are blurry (not filtered by anisotropy) and there is no A-A applied at all.

BUT! ...

If I download a third party program, in my case being RivaTuner, and if I then go to the OpenGL-specific settings (with the OGL icon) and set the A-A and A-F settings there instead, then all of a sudden it works! Why is that?! Why do I need third party programs to apply A-A and A-F in old OpenGL games? Is it because the official NVIDIA CP doesn't support them? I wouldn't know I'm just asking, but this is strange really. Is there really no possible way to apply A-A and A-F settings from the official CP only for OpenGL games? At least old ones that is?

Back