• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

help me

Registered
Voltage help

Hi I've overclocked my phenom II x4 805 to 3.4ghz.

I've set the vcore and dram voltage manually but my other voltages are on auto (nb, ht, vdda, cpu/nb etc) I want to set them manually but have no idea what the stock voltages are so I have no starting point.

I'd appreciate if someone could help.

My motherboard is an Asus M4N72-E, cooler is a Noctua NH-U12P.

I've attached some pics.

I posted asking for help in dolks thread but I wasn't sure whether I should start a new thread instead, I hope I've not done anything wrong, and posted in the correct section.

Attachments

• DSCF0677.jpg
    DSCF0677.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF0678.jpg
    DSCF0678.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 119
  • my overclock.png
    my overclock.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 120
  • my overclock 2.png
    my overclock 2.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 117
1.1v is stock nb volts for 790fx, 1.3v for 790gx, nvidia chipsets are likely 1.1v (but im guessing), 1.3v is good for stability
cpu-nb stock volts is 1.175
vnb and vdda ive never heard of.. not to familiar with nvidia amd chipsets

1.1v is stock nb volts for 790fx, 1.3v for 790gx, nvidia chipsets are likely 1.1v (but im guessing), 1.3v is good for stability
cpu-nb stock volts is 1.175
vnb and vdda ive never heard of.. not to familiar with nvidia amd chipsets

Thanks for the reply.

I'm hoping someone will know rough voltages for cpu vdda and ht voltages.

The chipset on the asus M4N72-E is 740a (asus say 750a but shows 740a in cpu-z) will the stock volts be the same for most nvidia chipsets?

Very nice OC, Firstly to go higher you need to manually set the NB voltage to the max it lets you and have proper cooling on it.

Once you done that its a CPU voltage game. Higher you take it more stable and higher speeds but produces much heat so proper OC cooling nessecary.. You can take that a bit higher or reduce your multi and increase your front side bus,,, gl

help me, do not start multiple threads about the same subject. Starting multiple threads on the same subject, especially in the same forum, will not get you help any faster. I merged the 2 threads together this time.

Regards,
muddocktor
Forum Moderator

help me, do not start multiple threads about the same subject. Starting multiple threads on the same subject, especially in the same forum, will not get you help any faster. I merged the 2 threads together this time.

Regards,
muddocktor
Forum Moderator

Apologies.

I'm new to forums.

Won't happen again.

Thanks for merging the threads :)

Back