• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

socket 775 pin mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

biosboy4

Is there a way to do it without having to buy anything special? Like,could I use a lead pencil work to draw onto the cpu "pins"

the bsel mods are 200mhz to 266mhz, 266mhz to 333mhz,333mhz to 400mhz.

the silver pens from ratshack wont work cause of the "thin clear coat" after it dries. the pins in the socket can push thru it. the lead pencil wont work cause the resistance is to high. the best route to go is the "window defrogger kit" its liquid copper that dries hard, only about $12.

the bsel mods are 200mhz to 266mhz, 266mhz to 333mhz,333mhz to 400mhz.

the silver pens from ratshack wont work cause of the "thin clear coat" after it dries. the pins in the socket can push thru it. the lead pencil wont work cause the resistance is to high. the best route to go is the "window defrogger kit" its liquid copper that dries hard, only about $12.

there is a 1600mhz mod? Where?

would have to go over the whitepapers agian.... they have updated the socket whitepapers as they had to for the QX at 1600fsb for LGA775. when i get home and sort thru it i can post which pad for 333 to 400.

Ok cool. Well I have a single core celeron @ 3.2 Ghz (I think) My friend hasn't brought it over yet so I dunno for sure. But the mobo doesn't support Oc'ing so I would like to try and get her around 5Ghz or even further if possible via a pin mod.

So any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated, cause I know there are some veterans here that are way better than me.

over zealous yes. dont forget if you cant oc the board then im guessing you cant adjust the voltages. a small increase is one thing but to push her hard your gonna need more than just changing the fsb your gonna need voltage and if you cant adjust it, youll be doing it all in vain.

the highest you can go is 3.2ghz with a celly 420. The highest pinmod is the 1600mhz mod. I doubt your celly can do that without voltage increase. Your mobo might not even go that high either. The 1333mhz pinmod sounds reasonable. Shouldn't need a voltage bump to get 2.66ghz.

3.2 Ghz to 5 Ghz... sure it's a big jump but I'm sure it's possible (will have water cooling also)

And is there no way to up voltages with a pin mod? I did that with my laptop.

3.2 Ghz to 5 Ghz... sure it's a big jump but I'm sure it's possible (will have water cooling also)

And is there no way to up voltages with a pin mod? I did that with my laptop.
I'm fairly sure that those have the Allendale core which didn't overclock as well as the Conroe core. Honestly, I don't think you will see 5ghz without some serious voltage and subzero temps.

How about spending the money you would spend on water cooling to get a better mobo? and maybe even a e5200 while you are at it...

Somehow water cooling a single core celeron on a non-overclocking mobo sounds weird to me...

to fix a few things...first is a Pad mod since there are no pins on the cpu. second you can Vid pad the cpu for more voltage by following intel's table in the white papers. what you will need for that though is the "vid" of the cpu you can get from coretemp/realtemp.

exactly what cpu are you going to try to pin mod? now if the computer has a celeron at 3.2ghz its not a "core 2" based one. the fastest celeron -L is the 440 at 2ghz, i wouldnt expect a "allendale" based celeron to bread 5ghz without some voltage and LN2/Dice/phase cooling. the only celerons i have seen around 5ghz are the "netburst" based ones thats on air/water.

there is a 1600mhz mod? Where?

if the cpu has a 333MHz/1333Mhz = BSEL signal H/L/L, the 400MHz/1600MHz = BSEL signal H/H/L. what that means is you either connect BSEL2 to BSEL0 or Connect a VSS pad/pin to BSEL0 to show a "H" signal instead of a "L".

in order to get a "L" you have to isolate the pin/pad. either bad covering the pad with "clear nail polish" or with a small peice of type.

Getting a "H" signal is only possible in the two ways i listed above.

if the cpu has a 333MHz/1333Mhz = BSEL signal H/L/L, the 400MHz/1600MHz = BSEL signal H/H/L. what that means is you either connect BSEL2 to BSEL0 or Connect a VSS pad/pin to BSEL0 to show a "H" signal instead of a "L".

in order to get a "L" you have to isolate the pin/pad. either bad covering the pad with "clear nail polish" or with a small peice of type.

Getting a "H" signal is only possible in the two ways i listed above.

a small square of electrical tape works perfect to isolate a pad to make a L signal pin appear H to the mobo... done this MANY times in my E4300 for VID pad mods.

as per BSEL and VID pins mods you just need to study the white papers intel provides... its quite easy, but we / you need to know the exact cpu as the tables vary from cpu series to series.

a small square of electrical tape works perfect to isolate a pad to make a L signal pin appear H to the mobo... done this MANY times in my E4300 for VID pad mods.

as per BSEL and VID pins mods you just need to study the white papers intel provides... its quite easy, but we / you need to know the exact cpu as the tables vary from cpu series to series.
hmm ok thats a bit weird then since the "L" is suppose to be a grounded pin. To mean meaning to show it as "H" you need to join to another "H" pad or to a VSS per the old E4300 thread. what you said about using Electrical tape would make sense if we needed a "H" pad to show as "L". **ok now your going to make me read the old E4300 thread agian,BRB***yes edited in**

actually they dont vary from series to series, meaing the "BSEL" table is the same from the celeronl(L and non-L) all the way up to the Extreme's. you more then welcome to go back over the BSEL settings for the "series" of cpus. the things i found in comon where that a "series" of cpus with the same FSB had the SAME BSEL signals for the fsb. To me that tells me every Core/Core2/Core2 extreme is infact using the exact same BSEL Table. Im not argueing this about BSEL settings as you will see the same thing i did when going over all the cpus for LGA775. On Socket 478 from what i read/found they only use 2 bsel pins for fsb which i found odd. i couldnt how ever find the BSEL's for Pentuim-M cpus.

I have pulled the BSEL settings and have put it into excel at work. i got started on going thru this stuff a few days ago actually. i wont be working on this at night since im atom beching and writing the review.

here is a almost complete LGA775 BSEL table, i cant find the H-H-H fsb setting. i have also found the mobile Core/core2/core2 extreme cpus to use the same BSEL settings per fsb for the native fsb's on mobiles that is.

i am posting both LGA775 BSEL and Socket M/P settings. notice anything yet? :p

Attachments

• Intel BSEL Table LGA775.JPG
    Intel BSEL Table LGA775.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 8,128
  • Intel BSEL Table Socket M-P.JPG
    Intel BSEL Table Socket M-P.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 7,596
I've been following these pad mod threads closely...I have a Dell Optiplex 755 with an E6550....I really want to pad mod it, as its the only machine I own that's not overclocked..:)

What would be my best option as far as getting a nice stable overclock?

Its pretty much just a web surf box, but I cant stand to have it running stock......

I've been following these pad mod threads closely...I have a Dell Optiplex 755 with an E6550....I really want to pad mod it, as its the only machine I own that's not overclocked..:)

What would be my best option as far as getting a nice stable overclock?

Its pretty much just a web surf box, but I cant stand to have it running stock......

the Pad Mod is the best way, but this will depend then... what the chipset on the motherboard and do you have the newest bios on it? though the pad mod may not work given the E6550 is a 1333MHz fsb cpu that only leaves you with a 1600MHz "next step". if the board cant support the new QX with 1600fsb then your going to be out of luck.

hmm ok thats a bit weird then since the "L" is suppose to be a grounded pin. To mean meaning to show it as "H" you need to join to another "H" pad or to a VSS per the old E4300 thread. what you said about using Electrical tape would make sense if we needed a "H" pad to show as "L". **ok now your going to make me read the old E4300 thread agian,BRB***yes edited in**

i am posting both LGA775 BSEL and Socket M/P settings. notice anything yet? :p

Ya you have your theory backwards... yes an L pin is essientally a grounded pin. BUT if you have an L pin and want to make it H... connecting the H to the L will NOT move the L up to an H but instead ground out the H pin and make it an L..... If you isolate a pin (unground it) the mobo will think its an H... thus you can easily take an L pin put a piece of electrical tape on top of it and walla ... H pin.

haha 400mhz fsb socket m/p anyone!

and TBH i never really crossreferenced the BSEL tables of 775 cpus... so as you pointed out they are the same... but i have always played it safe.

Back