• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thideras's Scythe Orochi review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

You mean this guy?

huffer.jpg

More results, I think this is all I can show for now. :)

Red means I canceled the test since it hit the "safety temp" which is 85c.

WHERE DID MY SPREADSHEET GO?!??!?!

Last edited:
preview2.jpg

I ripped this from his lab book when he wasn't looking.:sn:

*******! Thats it, your cut off!

but really man, you IM me all the time - that excuses my mass spam. Now back on topic! :bday:

Last edited:
C/W is the difference between load temp and case temp divided by the wattage of the processor. Basically it is a way to deliver the data that allows you to directly compare it to other data. The load temp will depend on the case temp, how good the heatsink is, and the wattage of the cpu. However the C/W can be compared without having to compare the case temp or wattage of the cpu. If you were to look at just load temps then you have no way to compare them because if I test something with a case temp at 30C and get a load temp of 59C and you test a cooler at a case temp of 10C and get a load temp of 58C well you got the lower load temp but I have the better cooler because the change is less. The same thing can be repeated for different wattages for the processor. So in short you can compare the C/W without having to also look at the case temp or wattage. So case temp and wattage of the CPU are irrelevant when comparing the C/W

C/W is the difference between load temp and case temp divided by the wattage of the processor. Basically it is a way to deliver the data that allows you to directly compare it to other data. The load temp will depend on the case temp, how good the heatsink is, and the wattage of the cpu. However the C/W can be compared without having to compare the case temp or wattage of the cpu. If you were to look at just load temps then you have no way to compare them because if I test something with a case temp at 30C and get a load temp of 59C and you test a cooler at a case temp of 10C and get a load temp of 58C well you got the lower load temp but I have the better cooler because the change is less. The same thing can be repeated for different wattages for the processor. So in short you can compare the C/W without having to also look at the case temp or wattage. So case temp and wattage of the CPU are irrelevant when comparing the C/W
Perfect explaination! :)

BTW, SewerBeing is the main reason our tests are going to be accurate and better than most!! :D

Good news everyone! We are working on a little app to monitor thid's temperature live via IRC! (Pro's temp irc server, #orochi)

Back