• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCF *nonoffical* Air cooling gallery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some messy wiring, but I have a small case :shrug:. There just isn't much space to hide anything.

Scythe Ninja with a low speed Yate-Loon, exhaust also low speed Yate-Loon, both undervolted. Actual temps are uncertain, due the the e8400 and the IP35 Pro combo, but @ stock, CoreTemp reports load temp around 50C. At 3.6Ghz @ 1.21V, load temps jump themselves to 60C. Idle temps are stuck at 45C - can't do much about that reporting issue atm.

Oh yeah...

Another 120 YL strapped in the front (which is only supposed to take 92mm).

the funny thing is, it's still not done!

But at least i can now use it :D
Well, regardless, your cooling system looks kickbutt to me. I used to think I have a nice air cooling setup, but compared to yours.....I feel like -> :bang head Man, I can hardly wait for TR to kick out coolers for the X2's, IF I can get mine to resemble yours, I'd be -> :beer: Do you mind listing your system spec?

Anyway, here's one of mine -
P1000118.jpg

BTW, dude, what's that heatsink extension to the back of the case about? The one in the sixth pic, and do you mind if I post pics of your setup in the other forums I go to? I'd like them to see what a real kickbutt system look like.:soda:

It's nothing extreme like others have shown, but here are my 2 favorites.

My old water-cooled setup with an original Cathar made WWR waterblock.

side.jpg

My current rig with an XP-90. Ya, I know, it's 2 years old and I have the fever to upgrade really bad!

opty4.jpg

That WC system looks pretty nice, I just wish I can wrap my mind around the concept of exlectrical components and water.....it boggles my mind actually.:burn: Is that a Chieftec (Chenming?) case, it resemble one I have in storage. IIRC, Chieftec used to make OEM Thermaltake cases.....this was a while back though.

That WC system looks pretty nice, I just wish I can wrap my mind around the concept of exlectrical components and water.....it boggles my mind actually.:burn: Is that a Chieftec (Chenming?) case, it resemble one I have in storage. IIRC, Chieftec used to make OEM Thermaltake cases.....this was a while back though.

It's an old Antec actually.

ikikuinthenutz... good work bro. looks like you hit the lotto and had some $$ to spend. :)

It's an old Antec actually.

Those cases were all over the place actually, I believe that Chenming was the original manufacturer, but those cases were rebranded Antec, Chieftec, Thermaltake, and even Alienware used them for a while. Its a classic design imho that has stood the test of time. I know my Chieftec Dragon has served me well for around 6.5 years.

ikikuinthenutz, I gotta complement your setup! in the first pics it looks like you're playing simcity on your motherboard:clap:

ikiku, that's a diff board than the other posts, right? you have 2 rigs?

IKIKUINTHENUTZ, Tell me about the sound mat you seem to have added in the lower half of the case. 1st. how well does it work? 2nd. Does it not turn the lower sections into an easy bake oven?

IKIKUINTHENUTZ, Tell me about the sound mat you seem to have added in the lower half of the case. 1st. how well does it work? 2nd. Does it not turn the lower sections into an easy bake oven?

1. It drowns out the echo fan noise that was made before it was installed
2. yes it did raise my temps by 2-8c above ambient according to my front panel sensor but im using seagate single platters that barely produce heat, so no worries

a before pic :D
http://techgage.com/viewimg/?img=/r...l_17.jpg&desc=Tagan A+ Black Pearl Full Tower

Back