• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte P35-DS3R....I love it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hi all! first post here and first time overclocker.

specs first:

p35-ds3L mobo: MCH +0.1v
e6300 @ 445fsb x 7 ( 3.1Ghz ) 1.3687v cooled by zalman cnp9700
kingston ddr750 @ 5-5-5-15 & +0.2v (2.0v i assume)
ati hd3870

ive hit a wall and im trying to get passed it obviously. i tried to find the max for my ram dropped the multi to 6 and set the fsb to 450 on a 1:1 ratio. memtest failed. tried upping the fsb voltage for kicks and it still failed so its now back to "normal".

is my mem holding me back? are there any suggestions to push it farther with looser timings or higher voltage (if thats safe)?

id try upping the ram voltage and dropping the timings. what is the RAM rated for? maybe this is as far as it can go. If so then you might wanna get some new stuff.....its stupidly cheap on the egg after MIRs.

id try upping the ram voltage and dropping the timings. what is the RAM rated for? maybe this is as far as it can go. If so then you might wanna get some new stuff.....its stupidly cheap on the egg after MIRs.

thanks for the reply.

just got this ram for xmas and my cousin who got it for me didnt realize id suddenly start overclocking. is there any way to tell if its safe or dangerous to up the ram voltage +0.1v? my ram is rated at 750 and kingston suggests 1.9v.

loving this motherboard for my first overclocking experience btw. never thought this chip could go up to 3Ghz until i searched around and tried it myself. :)

thanks for the reply.

just got this ram for xmas and my cousin who got it for me didnt realize id suddenly start overclocking. is there any way to tell if its safe or dangerous to up the ram voltage +0.1v? my ram is rated at 750 and kingston suggests 1.9v.

loving this motherboard for my first overclocking experience btw. never thought this chip could go up to 3Ghz until i searched around and tried it myself. :)

It should be fine up to 2.2 so try it out.

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my board, 430 fsb seems really low all things considered.

Does anyone else's system power down after you save the BIOS settings while overclocking?

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my board, 430 fsb seems really low all things considered.

Does anyone else's system power down after you save the BIOS settings while overclocking?

mine powers down then start again.

what other hardware and voltages are you running?

if it powers down and starts again / losing the settings it means the overclock is unstable.
Have y'all +0.1 for everything? FSB, PCIe, MCH? Set pcie to 100-103Mhz, not auto. use the max rated voltage for memory.

My DS3L will be here today. I can't wait to get everything together and then start to mess around.

if it powers down and starts again / losing the settings it means the overclock is unstable.
Have y'all +0.1 for everything? FSB, PCIe, MCH? Set pcie to 100-103Mhz, not auto. use the max rated voltage for memory.

Mine does that too but when I reconfigure with the same settings and restart, it works fine. I shut down and start from cold and it resets to default settings. Kinda annoying but not worth sending the board back. I haven't tried anything else yet. I wish they had actual voltages rather than "+0.1" in the settings.

mine is perfectly fine after it powers down n starts again :D...keeps setting n all that.

Specs in the sig.

At 430 fsb I had 1.45 vcore and +0.1 for everything else. I tried everything I could and 440 wouldn't even POST. A few times I tried using 1.525 vcore and still no success.

Specs in the sig.

At 430 fsb I had 1.45 vcore and +0.1 for everything else. I tried everything I could and 440 wouldn't even POST. A few times I tried using 1.525 vcore and still no success.

hmmm....very strange. u tried +0.2 on the mch and fsb?

Just checked, no go:(

I've also tried +0.3 on both of those.

I may need to mod the NB heatsink, it idles around 35C. Add some IC7 and see if I have a fan to stick on it.

Just checked, no go:(

I've also tried +0.3 on both of those.

I may need to mod the NB heatsink, it idles around 35C. Add some IC7 and see if I have a fan to stick on it.

I doubt its the nb.....mines idling at 42C and its fine.

load via CPUZ ater vdroop is 1.440 and load temp via coretemp 0.95.4 max of 60C with a Tuniq Tower 120 running prime95 torture small FTT Test

prime95 runs about 5c hotten than orthos - seems to be more intensive

18 hours stable

normal game load via coretemp 0.95.4 is 50-52C max

ballastix 4-4-4-12 450 Mhz 2.1V

18 hours memtest86 stable

What room temps?
If it is about 25 degrees, I have nothing to complain about my TRUE. :) Mine's at 1.480 @ 63 degrees on a hot day (30degrees)

will this board work with installing E8400 and can you start the board with the E8400

It depends what BIOS it comes with. I think it will probs need the latest. If it doesnt work you could just get a cheap 775 celery and put it in to update the BIOS and then return it or sell it on.

Back