• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The HD 3870/50 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok, no point in arguing about it, install it and find out, I'm just telling you my experience with the 2, stock cooler was 7-10c cooler with the fan at 100%, compared to the s1 with 2 50cfm yate loons strapped to it, good luck :beer:

I installed it. Dropped ~15c.

With one 74cfm yate loon on it. Not to mention I can hear myself think now.

anyone watercooling theirs yet?

I ask as I'm contemplating going watercooled, my case is fairly compact and my 3850 runs around 45c at idle, I'm running the fan at 70% to keep temps down while playing games. There isnt much scope for adding much in the way of case fans, so I thought watercooling would be a good way to move the heat from my case...

anyone watercooling theirs yet?

I ask as I'm contemplating going watercooled, my case is fairly compact and my 3850 runs around 45c at idle, I'm running the fan at 70% to keep temps down while playing games. There isnt much scope for adding much in the way of case fans, so I thought watercooling would be a good way to move the heat from my case...

I have a maze 4 on mine keeps the load temps well down on the noisy reference fan and is clocked @ 860/1200 atm, wish ati tool had the gpu vmod option im too scared to solder.

Quick run with 3D06 installed and working:

3870_815.jpg

Clocks are only at 815/1130 with AC S1 installed with one YL medium speed.

Will try to get some 10K scores tomorrow. 2:30 am is killin me :p

Quick run with 3D06 installed and working:

Clocks are only at 815/1130 with AC S1 installed with one YL medium speed.

Will try to get some 10K scores tomorrow. 2:30 am is killin me :p

What drivers are you using? at 3ghz at stock speeds on the card i got 10.1k in vista, i would have thought you would get a little higher :confused:

How are you "loving" the card so far? :bday:

What drivers are you using? at 3ghz at stock speeds on the card i got 10.1k in vista, i would have thought you would get a little higher :confused:

How are you "loving" the card so far? :bday:

I am using 7.12 Drivers

The card is fast as hell. But for some reason it doesn't like cold boots. I will power up my rig and get nothing but a black screen... I can turn off my monitor, unglug everything... The only thing that works is a reboot.

I am using 7.12 Drivers

The card is fast as hell. But for some reason it doesn't like cold boots. I will power up my rig and get nothing but a black screen... I can turn off my monitor, unglug everything... The only thing that works is a reboot.

Mine does the same, but here's what I did last night and it worked. Wait the xxx time it takes windows to fully load (of course you can't see this), then hit the windows key, up arrow, enter, and try to select standby. Computer goes to standby, you wake it up and ta-da! Image should be working.

I received the last of the parts for my new rig today, which consists of 2 x PowerColor 3870's (the 800/2400mhz ones with the fancy orb cooler), an E6850 that's 4.2Ghz stable, a Gigabyte X38-DS4 and 4Gb of ram.

I'll post back with some benchies hopefully by Monday :) Gonna spend this weekend getting the water loop back together, making sure it's all stable, et al.

Mine does the same, but here's what I did last night and it worked. Wait the xxx time it takes windows to fully load (of course you can't see this), then hit the windows key, up arrow, enter, and try to select standby. Computer goes to standby, you wake it up and ta-da! Image should be working.

Intead up the up arrow, do this:

windows > u > s

Those are hot key short cuts

I might try winows log out... hmmm

I am using 7.12 Drivers

Mine does the same thing, it hasn't done it in about 2 weeks. It was doing it every morning i turned it on, but it was also very cold mornings.. atleast im not the only one havning that problem :beer:

I haven't tried those ideas posted above, if it does it again i will. All i had to do was hit the restart button. Which i hate doing :-/

HD 3870 @ 830/1150
X2 5600+ @ 3.0Ghz
4Gb Corsair XMS2
Vista Home Premium 64bit

Settings: High / DX9 / 1280x1024 / No AA / 32bit

CrysisbenchmarkDX9.jpg

Settings: High / DX10 / 1280x1024 / No AA / 32bit

CrysisbenchmarkDX10lwres.jpg

Settings: High / DX10 / 1680x1050 / No AA / 32bit

CrysisbenchmarkDX10highres.jpg

Ill try and get some 64bit ones later, and see if there is a difference

What are your stable clocks? should i bump the memory to 1200mhz, should it be stable or will i even see a difference?

Hello guys i'm new to this site

i have dual hd 3870 xxx's (from extreme pc) water cooled both cards idle at 28c load 29-31c (890/2700)
what do other users score in 3dmark 06

Back