• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Volts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

I can't seem to get past 1.44. I set starting Vcore to 1.45, even 1.5. I have +1.04% selected as well, but no go. Only thing I can do is choose 1.4 and +1.10% but that puts me on 1.52Vcore. And I don't know if Opty with stock cooler can take that much Volts (running @ 2.66 GHz / 295HTT)

There is also one other setting in between the Starting CPU Vcore and +1.10%. Seems to be Vcore related as well but I don't know what it does :/ (Manual was quite bad, not a word on BIOS settings)

Should I play with other voltages as well (there are at least 2 others except Vdimm) Memory is fine so it is up to CPU and mobo to max first and 295 HTT seems to be wall. ( I have x3 FSB/HTT or what it is called selected as well )

Sorry for my ignorance, and lack or proper names but I'm quite new to A64 o/c and am still learning :)
Thank you for your time!

Melhisedek said:
I can't seem to get past 1.44. I set starting Vcore to 1.45, even 1.5. I have +1.04% selected as well, but no go. Only thing I can do is choose 1.4 and +1.10% but that puts me on 1.52Vcore. And I don't know if Opty with stock cooler can take that much Volts (running @ 2.66 GHz / 295HTT)

There is also one other setting in between the Starting CPU Vcore and +1.10%. Seems to be Vcore related as well but I don't know what it does :/ (Manual was quite bad, not a word on BIOS settings)

Should I play with other voltages as well (there are at least 2 others except Vdimm) Memory is fine so it is up to CPU and mobo to max first and 295 HTT seems to be wall. ( I have x3 FSB/HTT or what it is called selected as well )

Sorry for my ignorance, and lack or proper names but I'm quite new to A64 o/c and am still learning :)
Thank you for your time!

which value are you changing for the vcore? i dont even touch the startup vcore option in my bios i just use the one next to the vdimm and nb voltages.

I'm changing startup one and +1.04, +1.10, +1.13% one. Never touched NB and Vdimm ones :) The one above "+1.04, +1.10, +1.13%" ranges from like 0.5 to 1.55V and it has something to do with Vcore, do you use that one? And what do you set it to?

Should i increase NB voltage perhaps? There are 2 options there... 1.2 and 1.5(this one should be NB)

id leave the nb voltage alone for now in my experience you dont need to touch it till you get up around 300htt.

try to move the cpu vid selection thats below the one that says startup. i never change the startup values on any of my dfi boards ive had. i just change the cpu vid one then the adjustment to stabalize the voltages (dont know if this is still thecase with these boards or not)

try to set your cpu vid to 1.40 then set your option to 110% then see what that does for you.

What BIOS are you running?

That alone will make a difference.

RedDragonXxX has a sticky about what BIOS you may want to flash to.

TCCD memory = 6.23-3

other memory has different versions = 6.23-1 & 6.23-2

:attn:

Running "BIOS 704-2bta" BIOS
And have Gskill PC4000 2x1024MB F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ RAM...

RAM is ok I guess. I pass memtest86 at 300 HTT (divider 5/6)
My settings:

CPC: enable
TCL = 3
TRCD = 4
TRAS = 7
TRP = 3
TRC =7
TRFC = 13
TRRD = 2
TWR = 2
TWTR = 2
TRWT = 3
TREF = 3120
TWCL = 1
Dram Bank Interleave = enable

DQS skew control: Auto
DQS skew value: 0
DRAM Drive Strength= Auto
Dram Data Drive = Auto
Max async latency= 8.0 nano seconds
Dram respnce tim = Normal
Read Preamble Time = 5.0 nano seconds
Idle Cycle = 256 dynamic
Dynamic counter = Enable
R/W queue = 16x
Bypass max = 07x
32 byte granularity = disable 4 burst

Will try and fool around with voltages now.

Back