• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The X800GTO2 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm using the second slot.... works fine. Yes the Zalman will be better than stock, but I don't know if it will get you any higher clocks. I did the same thing with my first card and changed over to an ATI-Silencer. Card ran cooler but my clocks didn't go up. I get the impression that where your card tops out has little to do with cooler and more to do with voltage. It could also just be the maxium of each core as my weak card was getting 1.4v and my stronger card is getting 1.38v. My Zalman is in the mail and should be here in a day or so. I will switch over and test then probably do a voltmod. Stay tuned.

ok i got my card i hate canada i hate customs i hate ups
i got someone to order the card for me cause no one ships to me that was selling it so it cost me 220 to get it shipped to a friend then i get it customs is charging me 112 canadian there goes my dead i could have got a x850xt pe for rel from a local store
and now if it doesnt clock high im gonna burn my house down

House, You Hit The 4000 Marker!! Congrats Bro! You Deserve A New Ranking!! :)

*Edit*
It's so funny how the forum automatically converts capslock to only one capital per word.

yeah, now the stars match my avatar..... :D lucky me!!!!! None of the mods have ever asked me if I wanted a new ranking..... that could get interesting. ;)

I've now added every clock I could find posted for folks with this card. Clocks are on page 1. If you want your clocks listed please post..... pretty pictures are welcome.:)

im having a little trouble flashing the card i start with the bootup floppy i put the all the files that came in the flashrom zip from the site and the bios and i type in flashrom but no program opens like when i flash my mobo bios ? can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Well it seems i got a decent card only thing now is if someone would let me know how i could flash this from a floppy i have the boot disk with the flashrom and bios on it too i just cant figure out what to do after
atitool got the core 585 but i clocked it to 580 i like round numbers :) and the mem went up to 616 but i dropped it at 610 now if i could only give it 16 pipes to see if the clocks stay the same this is all with stock hs i just added some as5 on the ram didnt touch the core it already had plenty of silver stuff :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Press SHIFT and hit SETTINGS at the same time and take a screen shot of that. Then we can tell you if it is moddable or not.

How to Flash my new X800GTO2

Much of this information is provide in the flash guide written by W1zzard.
Note: Do not type in the quotes (") when repeating these steps.

1. Once into dos mode type in "flashrom" this will start the flashrom.exe and give you a chance to look at the commands.
2. Then type "flashrom -i" this will show which adapter is being used, generally 0 or 1 and other gpu information.
3. You'll need to know the exact name of the bios file you wish to flash. Dos doesn't recognize long filenames so just rename the file to something short like "gto2.bin"
4. when ready to flash type in the command "flashrom -p (to write the bios) 0 or 1 (for the # of the adapter to flash to) gto2.bin (or whatever you name the bios file) -f (to force the flash, as the modded flashrom won't work unless you force it to). The command string should look like this: "flashrom -p 0 gto2.bin -f"
5. If the flash is completed you should hear a tone from your computer speaker.
6. Uninstall your graphics drivers, reinstall and check to see if indeed the flash worked.
7. Enjoy your new 16pipe card. :D

Disclaimer: I wrote this guide off the top of my head while not at home, so if someone spots something that isn't right please let me know.:p

Last edited:
beau_safken said:
Great...

Newegg...

Im going to say this. Those punks took back my card refunded my money and are telling me there is nothing else they can or will do regarding my card. I Cant believe this.... They wouldnt do anything for me. They send me a card that might as well be used as a door stop and they are telling me im out of luck. So now since they sent me a crap card, I get the pleasure of paying an additional 100 dollars. Great.....

Hey newegg... no more business for you from me. Ever...
Contact "Newegg Support" username in OCF right now... ASAP! His name is Jason. He is the newegg rep on our forum.

If you're telling the truth, then I'm 99% sure that he'll help you out. This does NOT sound like something newegg would do. In my honest opinion, that is bulls__t!!!

Highendtoys said:
Press SHIFT and hit SETTINGS at the same time and take a screen shot of that. Then we can tell you if it is moddable or not.

I already did that i know it can be flashed.

and thanks house im gonna try this after i get home.

spydeymon said:
Well it seems i got a decent card only thing now is if someone would let me know how i could flash this from a floppy i have the boot disk with the flashrom and bios on it too i just cant figure out what to do after
atitool got the core 585 but i clocked it to 580 i like round numbers :) and the mem went up to 616 but i dropped it at 610 now if i could only give it 16 pipes to see if the clocks stay the same this is all with stock hs i just added some as5 on the ram didnt touch the core it already had plenty of silver stuff :)
How cute... you took the screenshot of your post as well. OMG, wait... I CAN SEE YOUR ____! HOW DARE YOU!!! I see it in the reflection of the monitor!!! Didn't you know that a screenshot takes everything that you see on the monitor?!?!

How to voltmod my X800GTO2

Place holder for voltmods and such

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/voltmods/112

http://www.takorautaa.net/show_article.php?article_id=16&page_number=1 if you can read finnish. (provided by Zebbo)

Voltmod Pots

Just doing some pretesting..... I've penciled the core up to 1.44 and my card is now stable at 579. Strangly enough my idle temps haven't changed and my load temps have gone up by only 4°. By the looks of it I could probably go up to about 1.5v on the core safely with my Zalman cooler. I'll do some more testing before I switch over to the resistor mod.

After more testing I've penciled up to 1.46 which gives me stable core up to 588. Load temps are right at 55° and idle temps are still around 32°. I'm rather pleased with the results and I'm now convinced to do the resistor mod.

Last edited:
g0dM@n said:
How cute... you took the screenshot of your post as well. OMG, wait... I CAN SEE YOUR ____! HOW DARE YOU!!! I see it in the reflection of the monitor!!! Didn't you know that a screenshot takes everything that you see on the monitor?!?!

?? what ??

g0dM@n said:
Contact "Newegg Support" username in OCF right now... ASAP! His name is Jason. He is the newegg rep on our forum.

If you're telling the truth, then I'm 99% sure that he'll help you out. This does NOT sound like something newegg would do. In my honest opinion, that is bulls__t!!!

Dude its the gods honest truth. I got refunded even after asking them not to refund me and hold my rma till a card came in stock. Was promised this would happen, but that didnt happen. Then got refunded even thou I didnt want to. I wouldnt make this up as I wanted this card bad.

Back