• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DYI Mach1 Mounting, Tips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

I dont have an extra $94 bucks laying around to buy a LGA775 Mounting kit for my Mach1, any tips on making one for cheap, secure, and totally effective? Thanks for the tips.

Well I mod mine like this for 478 because the stock mounting design is such crap, I'm not sure if you could just drill and epoxy where needed and drill the same in the back plate and epoxy or seal string the remaining hole. If this can be done please post some pics. The one with the wing nuts is just the posts with no heads recessed, the brass one is with the heads recessed. I then just RTV and clamp to the evap head, then when dry RTV again for a good seal. Then I mount it up with the seal string. I have it down and it only takes me a few minuets to remount, change CPU once I have the setup I want.

Attachments

• modded head.jpg
    modded head.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 152
I tried a few ideas, my first one was a failure .. I used 1/4 inch plexi (1/8th is wayy too thin, will snap under pressure) My only problem is, the cpu / cold plate has like a 2mm gap. Any tips? Pics:
Picture178.jpg

aa.jpg

Dam. So basically with some plexi and a drill you can adapt the Mach1 for most any mount-sweet! And hey can you post a template for that?
Thanks for the post.

Iono what you want in terms of a "Template", but I just cut out 80x80mm fan dimensions to fit the LGA775 Socket, I had 2 pieces of plexi glass the exactly the same, except, I cut out a piece on the top plate so the Mach1 head could fit in, then I took some decent sized bolts and bolted it on ...

Back