• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have decided to go Dothan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
speed bump said:
No one seems to be buying the 770s I would go with either the 730, 750, 760 those ones seem to be the best overclockers.
The 730 and the 740 are the best on air/water. You should only get the 750, 760, or 770 if you're going phase or LN2. I tried the 750 and hit 197, close but not close enough. I'm sad that Hawtrawkr decided not to go dothan, since I bet he could have really showed us the power of dothan with a 760 and his vapochill.

speed bump said:
I'm kind of starting to wonder if the P4c800 is really the best choice after seeing some of the results on the p4p800 escpecially kingpins 39k on stock clock x800xt pe, even if the dothan was under LN2 thats scary fast.

Macci got the same score on a 160w peltier using a p4c800 :) . I will probably start a thread explaining in detail how to do the droop, vdimm, kyosen, and vcore mods, as well as sinking fets and northbridge. Now that people are using these boards again, a guide would be helpful.

datura3 said:
Now that people are using these boards again, a guide would be helpful.

If i find that those mods may be neccesary to make use of Dothan's full potential, i'd be glad to help.

thanks Gautam i always forget how good ewiz can be, to used to just going to newegg. and datura3 sorry about your lemon dothan, thats probally why it was on ebay in the first place :bang head

Gautam said:
eWiz has both 730's and the adapter. The latest beta BIOS supports vcore adjustment up to 1.6v, but unfortunately not only lacks multiplier adjustment for the 533MHz chips, forces them down to 6x. Hopefully this will be squared away soon.

whoah so, are you using the lastest BIOS for the vcore options and just changing the multi in windows?

datura3 said:
I'm sad that Hawtrawkr decided not to go dothan, since I bet he could have really showed us the power of dothan with a 760 and his vapochill.

i havent decided not to go dothan. ive just decided that i want to build a x2 system first. :thup:

it looks like alot of fun id just like to see some better boards come out for them.

whoah a vapochill + x2 = zoom zoom can't wait to see the benchies from that thing.

datura3 said:
Now that people are using these boards again, a guide would be helpful.

You or someone else should write up a nice neat guide for bringing Dothan to desktop and submit it for the frontpage. That would be awesome.
:cool:

Skeen said:
You or someone else should write up a nice neat guide for bringing Dothan to desktop and submit it for the frontpage. That would be awesome.
:cool:

That is exactly what i am intending to do. (see thread start)

I have pictures of every step taken so far, and took some benchmark results from my 'old' system to make for comparison material.

Grrr..i am getting soo ****ed off right now.

I cancelled the order for the chip, and ordered it at another shop where they claimed to have it in stock..now they just mailed me that they don't :mad: :bang head :temper:

'may we offer you the 735 as an alternative?'

Yeah, try booting that one at 200FSB, &^@%&*@%

Last edited:
damn that sucks Sjaak tell them to give you a 740 for the price of a 730 :)

Drec said:
damn that sucks Sjaak tell them to give you a 740 for the price of a 730 :)

Nah, they only offered the 735.

Still, even with the CPU delay, i am ahead of schedule :cool: thread started a month ago.

Hah, i got the adapter all fixed and ready to rumble. Friend of me who is good with the solder iron helped me work away the jumper poles yesterday:

Attachments

• clean as a whistle.JPG
    clean as a whistle.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 744
  • short top.JPG
    short top.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 710
  • bottom sweet solder.JPG
    bottom sweet solder.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 715
Sjaak said:
Hah, i got the adapter all fixed and ready to rumble. Friend of me who is good with the solder iron helped me work away the jumper poles yesterday:
Bending the pins, that's cool. I clipped mine off with a nail clipper and soldered wires on. Not easy for people with big ham hands like myself.

Anyway, under Vapo I can do about 3000, but I think my test drive's Windows install got a little hosed, as I got a blue screenie, and now I can't boot into Windows above 200 with it anymore.

Gonna re-install XP Pro on my test drive this week and try again...

uclajd said:
Anyway, under Vapo I can do about 3000, but I think my test drive's Windows install got a little hosed, as I got a blue screenie, and now I can't boot into Windows above 200 with it anymore.

NICE results :thup: Very impressive. What Dothan chip are you currently using?

OMFG! i hate it when i have crappy ram.... :mad: im still confused one why im getting same superpi 1m times from 217-225fsb (getting 28secs). i got my ocz el rev2 plat. a day early! i can use cas2225 @220 fsb then past that not sure till what but the comp locked up @233fsb @cas2335. I was putting 2.85volts from bios, seems that crappy kingston was causing a prob and thats why 3dmark01se never finished. *grr* well i do have pics this time but i have to get up for work early. so here a link to the 3dmark01se score i got @2.7ghz. :drool:
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8613013
and compare to @2.4ghz
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8606835

i dont think im going to be able to buy this 6800u from my friend :eh?: needed ram for the PM so bad! i will post the superpi times when i get off work, right now its single channle and time for me to pop the other stick in for more benches. :cool:

*edit*
o datura3 thanks for the shims but its going to be a while before i can use them... well unless i use the water cooling from my p4 rig! P4 PWNED! :sn:

Back