• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soo, why aren't people all over this RAM yet..?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BH-5 vs. BH/CH

Here's a picture that shows the difference between the two. The BH-5 is on the left and the BH/CH is shown on the right.

CJ

Attachments

• Mushkin Blue.jpg
    Mushkin Blue.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
CJ4 said:
Here's a picture that shows the difference between the two. The BH-5 is on the left and the BH/CH is shown on the left.
CJ

Yea, I have the stuff on the left... or is it the -other- left...

Yep, got the left PCB ... same as Donk, though - had to send it back RMA because one stick wouldn't cooperate. Didn't ever push the other stick because a) didn't want to void the warranty and b) didn't want to cry if it by chance did incredible since I was having to send back the set. lol

I just completed the first burn in for my sticks...ran for about 20 hours at 240,2-2-2-5 at 3.2V. I did like 1200 passes of memtest #5 with 0 errors. What would you guys recommend I do now?

fatguy said:
I just completed the first burn in for my sticks...ran for about 20 hours at 240,2-2-2-5 at 3.2V. I did like 1200 passes of memtest #5 with 0 errors. What would you guys recommend I do now?

Bump it up to 250 and run it for 20 hours more. :p

musk

Eldonko said:
Me too, too bad I had to RMA it /cry

Anyone have results from the brainpower pcb stuff?

I do.

One stick does 245 2225 at 3.1v
the other does 240 2225 at 3.1v
Togethor I have burned 22 hours at 210 with 3.2v no errors.

Going to try 220 and see how it goes.

My 2 sticks are different. One gets 17xx and the other 18xx bandwidth in memtest at same settings.

musk

Craptacualr said:
mine takes 252mhz 2-2-2-6 in stride but my stupid winnie is speedbinned much beyond that :(

Can you drop the multi or is your mem controller the culprit.

musk

Well I got 3x more kits of this stuff today.

I already had a set of the BP that I ordered last week. Today I got 2 more sets of the BP stuff and one set of the Mushkin Enhanced (BH5?). I will be doing some testing today to see what they do.

Well, looks like I got the BH/CH stuff, and not the BH-5 :( Will hafta do some testing soon, need the volts and the socket 939..

musk said:
I do.

One stick does 245 2225 at 3.1v
the other does 240 2225 at 3.1v
Togethor I have burned 22 hours at 210 with 3.2v no errors.

Going to try 220 and see how it goes.

My 2 sticks are different. One gets 17xx and the other 18xx bandwidth in memtest at same settings.

musk

whats the max they will do with looser timings ??

My sticks have been running MemTest #5 at 250 (2,2,2,5) still at 3.2V for over an hour with no errors so far. I initially tried 255, but got thousands of errors at 3.2V. Upped it to 3.3V and got about 4 errors per pass. Should I burn at 255 3.3V overnight?

I just wish my winni could keep up with this ram. Whenever I drop the multiplier my bandwidth drops a lot, which doesn't make sense to me b/c I thought the HTT was independent from CPU/Memory? 250x10 gives 7GB/s in Sandra, but 250x8 gives 6GB/s? Does that make sense?

edit: now that I think about it, my Memory divider said CPU/10, which isn't exactly 1:1.

fatguy said:
I initially tried 255, but got thousands of errors at 3.2V. Upped it to 3.3V and got about 4 errors per pass. Should I burn at 255 3.3V overnight?

255 @ 3.3v sounds like the right place for your burn in. I've pretty much hit a wall with mine, but I'm not displeased. Just wish I would have made it to 260.

3.2v 253 MHz
3.3v 255 MHz
3.4v 257 MHz
3.5v 258 MHz

The small speed increase per voltage step leads me to believe that this is all I'm going to get with this set. Not bad for $120.

Back