• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are you an Ubercloxx0r ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
there should be an extreme case modding catagory, like at-atx conversion, home brew case... possably be worth more than one point, like 2... Also, something a bit higher than black belt, like 2nd degree, 3rd degree and uber ninjacloxx0r or something :)

just for fun:

Points for Class of Overclock:

1 - Intel Pentium Classic to MMX: Good ol' Pentium 166 to 200 on a old school compaq - first ever overclock

1 - PPro, Itanium and x86 server hardware: I suppose that this would be where i claim my dually 1.6Lv's to 3.2 on my PC-DL

1 - Intel PIII: Pushed my PIII 500 Kamati up to 518mhz by modding the connectors on the slot card

1 - Intel PIV: P4 2.4c to 3.5, and i guess my 2.4 celeron D to 3.6 falls into this category

1 - AMD Athlon/Duron to Thunderbird: Original 1ghz Thunderbirt up to 1.3ghz... Was the first time i realized how much a good heatsink was worth

1 - AMD Athlon XP to Barton: 1700+ Palimino to 2ghz... hold over from when i fried my 1.4 thuderbird due to the heat sink falling off :)

Points for each "other" activity.

1 - Northbridge cooling mod: Added fans to more northbridges than i can count, and replaced and upgraded various heatsinks. Just recently i added a fan to my PC-DL NB cooler and replaced the stock NB cooler on my IC7-Max3

1 - Video Card cooling mod: Slapped a thermaltake volcano 7 onto my 6800 gt, before that i had a vantech HS on my 9800 xt

1 - Voltage reg cooling mod: Added heatsinks to volt regs on both my PC-DL and IC7-Max3

1 - Motherboard volt mod: Ive done every mod known to man on two is7's and just about every mod on my Max3. Only have done the vdimm mod on my PC-DL though. :)

1 - Homebrew water block: This one might be sketchy since the block isnt in use yet, but i made a cpu block for my P4 rig, and the WC system is pending the completion of a GPU block and NB block, oh, and buying a pump :).

1 - Pin mods or wire tricking: Nice solid wire mod to get my 1.6 Lv's up to 1.6 vcore each

So, if my waterblock and xeons count in the places i have put them, im smack on at 12 points, if not then ill live with 10 points and go lap one of my processors to make up one point :D.

Barton is Athlon XP too...
That article - maybe no blowholes there, but it's cool; RoadWarrior - that does count as point, doesn't it? Especially as it's in official overclockers.com article - at least 1 point as for me

Still, that would make 11 points - perhaps some other mod would do it, or the leetness of the fact you're author of article @ overclockers.com

Sjaak said:
Pentium 1 133 @ 166
Pentium II 233 @ 266
Pentium 3 1Ghz @ 1200
AMD K6-2 500 to 650
Athlon SlotA 700Mhz @ 833
Athlon XP 1800+ @ 2.3
Barton 2500+ to 2.4Ghz
NB cooling mod
VGA cooling mod
P4 pin mod for 1.9v :cool:
CPU lapping

Makes up for 11 points..can i get the last one for casemodding and overclocking darklord?

Well as ven0m said, you're minus one because the XP and barton are the same category :(

On the other hand, you forgot the claim that P4 overclock, 1 more point, and your article indicates a PSU cooling mod, 1 more point...

That makes you a black belt ubercloxx0r :attn:

Congrats! :D

AMD K6
Intel PII
Intel PIII
AMD Athlon Slot A
AMD Athlon XP
AMD Duron (Newest edition to my OCing fanclub)

Northbridge Cooling mod
Video card cooling mod (God I love that old P1 HSF)
Videocard volt mod

I guess I gotta claim me a red belt. But that's fine, more money and more computer parts means more chances to gain another belt. :-D

Ooo... I wonder. DO softmods count as well? If that's the case, I may have some more points to claim (including some case mods/periphs I'm working on.)

I OC'd my HP Pentium MMX 166 @ 200.
I OC'd my Barton Mobile @ 2.6GHz
I've cooled my northbridge & my videocard
and i've volt modded my videocard.

puts me @ blue belt :)

Updated on Feb 13 2006

1 pt = AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ at 2.77Ghz (Does the X2 classified as a seperate class than the normal Athlon64 (below)?)
0 pt = AMD Athlon64 3000+ at 2.75Ghz
1 pt = AMD Athlon XP-M 2600+ at 2.25Ghz
1 pt = AMD Athlon XP Tbred 1700+ to 2200+
0 pt = AMD Athlon XP Palomino 1600+ to 2100+ (L1 bridge unlock)
1 pt = Intel Celeron 1.6Ghz to 1.68Ghz
1 pt = AMD Duron 750Mhz to 980Mhz (L1 bridge unlock)

1 pt = Video Card X700Pro cooling mod (decreased by 20C at load)
0 pt = Video Card X800Pro small cooling mod
1 pt = Video Card GeForce6600GT lapping of heatsinks
1 pt = Video Card Radeon9000Pro Duron's heatsink cooling mod
1 pt = Video Card GForce2 mx-400 Duron's heatsink and fanless cooling mod

1 pt = Asus A8N-E's chipset cooling mod
1 pt = Shuttle AK31a's northbridge cooling mod

1 pt = multiple Fan 7 Volts mods
1 pt = PSU's Voltage VR-1
1 pt = Shuttle AK31a's Vcore mod

1 pt = Blue LED powerbutton mod (on a $2 case)
1 pt = Harddrive relocation mod
1 pt = Harddrive footwarmer mod (lol)

1 pt = Mouse mod - lightened M$ optical mouse (half the weight)
0 pt = Mouse mod - Logitech laser mouse's feets (not really a mod. no technical stuff required.)

As for the recent Video Card cooling mod, I typed up a story that goes with it:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3586390#post3586390

LOL.

Last edited:
I think it's lapping IHS. Lapping a heatsink is too common. I wouldn't put any heatsink to my comp without lapping it if I wasn't sure that it's already better than I could make it be.

So that point is for P4 / A64 non-mobile owners...

Luie said:
1 pt = AMD Athlon XP Tbred 1700+ to 2200+
1 pt = Intel Celeron 1.6Ghz to 1.68Ghz
1 pt = AMD Athlon XP Palomino 1600+ to 2100+ (L1 bridge unlock)
1 pt = AMD Duron 750Mhz to 980Mhz (L1 bridge unlock)
1 pt = Video Card GForce2 mx-400 cooling mod
1 pt = Voltage PSU's VR-1
1 pt = Shuttle AK31a's Vcore mod
1 pt = Blue LED powerbutton mod
1 pt = multiple Fan 7 Volts mods
1 pt = Video Card Radeon9000Pro cooling mod

luie... i count 9 points. Each category is 1 point, no matter how many you do of it (2 Athlon XP's still count as only 1 point.

according to Roadwarrior's rules... one generation of CPU is 1 point, no matter how many ya did of it.... but, with an L1 mod, i may be mistaken.

hmm ok:

Pentium 166 to 200
Celeron PPGA 400 to 466
Duron 850 to 1100
Pentum Pro (512k) 180 to 220
Pentium coolermaster hacked up got a GF2 GTS/Pro

thats all i can think of

Overclocked

Laptop
PII
PIII
PIV