• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spyware Challenge! You Got The Guts There, Nerd Master!?!? (free Prize Inside)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
god damnit... I just reformatted my computer! oh well, I would do it for a pat on the back or something, but not a rank change... heh

My addition

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages......

I have a customer that runs a religous service for sailors at a local port. They get sailors from almost every sea-faring nation. Sailors are a bit lonely. My contact had a Dell that had been giving her trouble at startup. Actually, it wouldn't startup in normal mode. Safe mode was fine and it was actually fast. I hooked up the drive as a slave to mine and ran NAV2004 as well as AdAware. Here's the result of NAV2004:

attachment.php

I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did. :D

Attachments

• ohmygodsmall.JPG
    ohmygodsmall.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 885
**cracks knuckles**

Well sence someone already brought in the virii screen shots, I have a nice one from a LAN a while back....

A couple things to knowtice......

First this is just the windows folder...
Second, look at the position of the progress bar.
Third, this is a remote scan, Why was his windows folder shared?!?!?!(shakes head)

I had to stop the scan, was taking too long....

Attachments

• idonthaveviruses.jpg
    idonthaveviruses.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 804
Language . . . (above)

The Northeastern University ResNet record is well into the 3ks, so if you're posting up less than 1000, you're not doing it right ;) Just find any college student . . . they'll have it swarming in no time.

I'd like to see a temp file contest, too . . . I guess that one's not so hard to do, but I've seen 8GB of temp files on a single computer . . . Deletinig them helped so much it was like reformatting . . . Defragmenting also helped . . . Yikes . . .

Z

This was from a relatives friends computer from a couple months ago.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/ivwshane/spywarehell.jpg

I was actually able to fully clean it and remove a ton of viruses without formating the pc:D

I believe the reason it got so bad was because their kid was downloading a ton of hentai and we all know how that goes:p (pop up hell!). They also had kazaa installed as well.

Attachments

• spywarehella.jpg
    spywarehella.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 789
Well I have an old AMD 600 MHz machine hanging around doing nothing, think I may just turn it into a spyware magnet. Wonder which OS would be worse, 98 or XP? I will make sure not to update anything :eek: after I install the OS. It just seems right. Will be fun not to have to run those 6 different spyware programs every week or so :clap:

Ok, i'm up to 527 infected peices of Spyware.
I attached a quick image of Adaware. This is after about an hour of trying to get spyware. i'll do more tomorrow.

makes it actually hard to visit OC forums with all this spyware!!!

Also, shouldn't the rules of this contest be for your own computers only? and not a friends, or brothers, or Co-worker, or whatever.

as long as i can boot into windows, and run Adaware, then i'm doing just fine.

Attachments

• 527 Spyware.jpg
    527 Spyware.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 780
hehe I had fun last night and today. I spent a a couples hours or so last night and an hour after school before going to play tennis with my friends. I came back and this is what I saw:

Adaware1.jpg

Its the system in my sig. Its got XP Pro with SP1a. I normally have norton anti-virus, internet security, ad-aware SE build 1.04, spybot s&d 1.3, spywareblaster 3.2, cwshredder 1.59.1, spyware sweeper 3.0.0 build 129, but since I had deep freeze at my disposal, I uninstalled them all except ad-aware. I ditched firefox, turned down all the settings in IE and fired 'er up. I probably spent a total of 3-5 hours on this. I could get more but I wanted my computer back to normal, so I rebooted and deep freeze did it's magic. Hmmmm....maybe I should start thinking of what rank I want. hehe ;)

Edit: Sorry for the looooong log. I put it in code tags so I thought it would be more compressed...guess not. Its not compressed as a .zip file and is attatched to my post :)

Attachments

• adaware1.zip
    85.1 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Whoa, good job but I dont think he ment inline text.....more like attachment for that log file.

just your log file is bogging down my browser.

Just think how many computer illiterates are buying new hardware because of things like this on their computer.....

I know one.....

Oh this is AWESOME. I got a neighbor that could out run us all in his 'normal' surfing lol . . . lemme try to get a scrennie of THAT mess

Z

Just a quick hint...

I'm a college student and my roommate is letting me do this on his computer. I'm using my wireless router in our dorm room (4 computers--we each have a desktop and a laptop.) I would suggest that if you're on a network, disconnect your other computers from it while you do this...

Admittedly I haven't done a spyware scan in a while, but getting a pop-up this morning in Firefox (???) prompted me to do some scanning....PestPatrol found a few things that I've never ever seen on my computer before. As in---I worked at a computer shop this summer and saw them every day, but I'm usually pretty paranoid and never get spyware.
Most likely some of this stuff is network aware, so be careful!

And if I'm wrong, then just slap me. :D

14,163 objects? Wow. I use Spywareblaster also. It really works. Whenever I scan with Spybot/Ad-Aware, they hardly ever find anything.

I TOLD YOU I WAS HARDCORE

I didn't use Deepfreeze and now CWS is munching through my system :-/

There is only one solution: Format c:

Edit: I took this screenie AFTER I ran ad-aware, look how many it missed :)

spyware.JPG

Damn...I am thinking I will get in on it for the FUN of it...I been wanting a format since I seem to be a bit down in benchmarks, so what the heck.... :bday:

Some results later this evening....unless I chicken out :beer: :drool:

Back