• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Custom WaterBlock (Pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueBall

Project: OverMOD by BlueBall (Custom Case Mods) pics!

Please enjoy AND LEARN from my mods!

It gets better each page!! I promise!!

Please visit my COMPLETE CASE MOD link with TONS of pictures.

Attachments

• Finished new block 003 (Small).jpg
    Finished new block 003 (Small).jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 2,809
  • Finished new block 002 (Small).jpg
    Finished new block 002 (Small).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2,386
  • Block stage 1 003 (Small).jpg
    Block stage 1 003 (Small).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 2,169
Last edited:
I still need to fabricate a retaining clip that presses on the CENTER of my new block. Not alot of room left. My FOURTH design is underway already and has the potential to be half the size.

I am interested in feedback. :)

You have some of the weirdest waterblocks I have ever seen. 2 thumbs up to you! Looks very origional and interesting.

-Alex-

I am not a plumber butt I have done tons of it. I only have 1 or two joints I would redo if I could. If I decide (after benches) that this thing rocks, I am gonna use copper roll instead.

I am thinking of making the fifth block a phase change only design. I have an small fridge compressor that needs a home in my rig :> Well... I gotta rip it outa the fridge first ;>

that is a strange but cool lookin block. it appears its a cross drilled block, center inlet and 4 outlets going into 1.

yeah, it looks like holding the block down could be a problem. maybe if you made a hold down out of aluminum or something, unscrewed those plugs, put the old down on, then screwed them back on and bolted it down.

It could work pretty well.

Jon

The inside was impossible to photograph ... it reflected in a prism kinda effect. I can tell you that it is NOT a simply cross drill design. There is a turbulance area (1/2 round) directly above the core. The capped cross chambers are slighty smaller and draw the heat away (outwards) then upwards and out of the block. Then it re-unites in a chamber designed to keep uniform flow (water will take the path of least resistance).

I have the retaining hardware ... I just need to figure out how to get pessure on the center of the block ONLY. My other block with the acrylic top can be easily over/under tightened minutely.

Attachments

• Finished new block (Small).jpg
    Finished new block (Small).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 5,518
That's a very interesting design. You should post that in the custom water block gallery if you haven't already. One question. Is that metal braided tubing in your second post? I would be afraid to let that rest on my video card!:eek: Is it coated so it doesn't conduct?

This fridge is gonna hold my resevoir and radiator (as well as my beer :cool: )

The other PC's on the picture are running as servers. One is my old XP1700 JUIHB DLT3C ... That is one kick-a$$ chip! 2.3Ghz with an SLK-800 and TWO DELTA BLOWERS ... Thank god it's all in the basement. My office is SILENT!
Silent enough that my hard drives annoy me.

I think some kind of spider-like retaining clip mounted to the 1/2 inlet at the center on pivots so it can be oriented alternately or used on newer and/or different mobo mounting holes.

Attachments

• basement servers 004 (Small).jpg
    basement servers 004 (Small).jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 5,383
I have FINALLY mounted my new block. While I was at it I decided to mod my case too.

And since I went THAT far ... I might as well do the whole 'fridge' thing too :>

I will post some pics now and some later.

I made a CPU hold down plate with AMD carved in it but it broke when I was enlarging a drill hole. So I made another with my name on it. H A R D Y (Systems)

Attachments

• PC mod 002 (Small).jpg
    PC mod 002 (Small).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,110
  • PC mod 022 (Small).jpg
    PC mod 022 (Small).jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,045
Back