• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling Mod Gallery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xplos!ve

dont flame if this has been done before, but lately ive seen some Modding Xaser 3 gallerys, gfx card mod gallerys etc and havent ever seen a colling mod gallery so i thought i would make one.

basically just share some of your cooling mods so we can have a look, will be something interesting i wud love to get some ideas for some cooling mods and see some of you guys work

will be fun to see some good and interesting stuff

nice one guys,

--sam

Ok, well a short while back I mounted a 120mm 190cfm delta on my athlonxp3000+ using a custom made bracket made by a good friend of mine, tho this isnt currently running in my rig anymore until i get a black solid xaserIII side panel from somewhere! Here it is:

monster%2520fan%2520diy%2520duct.JPG

I also cut out all the fan grills and fan filter grills on my xaserIII (see relevant thread), swapped out all stock fans for panaflos, smcf2's, tornado etc, removed hdd bays, tidyed cables and recently modded the EL panel section to improve airflow: (n.b: the swirly grills that are visible on my fan filters have since been removed too)

tower_front_with_mesh.jpg

And I cut holes in my motherboard tray to allow cables to be hidden and active cooling for the rear of the cpu socket and northbridge:

mobo%2520wall%2520hole%2520close%2520up.JPG

None of the mods where that original tho. Sadly i dont have any pics of when i was running dual 500w psu's in there....! The rest of my basic and limited mods can be seen in the modding xaserIII thread.
Come on people what else have you done?

cool this is it guys, i know u have all got some wicked stuff!! post it up so we can all see it, good stuff vrykryl i like hiding cables so annoying aitn they :( doesnt that 120mmm touch your side panel or be so close to it that it cant get hardly any air??

Ive taken my Xaser 3 side panel out also, i prefer heat to noise lmao, also its less wires which is allways good.

You will hopefuly think my wiring is a sexy job, heres a pic as onyl a few are any good!

Server7.JPG

^^
That pic is of the pretty colours and shows the sort of braidng cable ive used.

Server8.JPG

^^
That pic shows the inside of my Xaser 3, not very well but it does.

The watercooling setupis alot different now, the interneal wiring has finaly been sorted out, all the lighting has changed aswell.

Ill try get some new pics asap

Last edited:
Xplos!ve said:
vrykryl i like hiding cables so annoying aitn they :( doesnt that 120mmm touch your side panel or be so close to it that it cant get hardly any air??

Nope, it had about 1-2" clearance, but yes the restriction of the side panel was alimiting factor - i took the perspex window outa my side panel and it took my old 3000+ @2.4ghz to 26°c idle/ 29°c....thats better than water cooling, albeit a hellofa lot louder!!! Due to the case filling with dust,a cpu upgrade, and the fact im looking for a solid panel to make a 120mm hole with filter for it , for the moment iv taken the 120mm off. As far as cables go, my temporary setup is looking quite tidy:
internal_2.jpg

helps airflow LOADS!! got my now dead p4 2.8c to 3.4ghz @ 38°c load

ps - duallykickass to keep the thread tidy can you try and avoid double posting - the "edit" button has its uses dude - you can use it to delete your unnecessary posts ;)

Vrykl, What is the clear blue plastic for, the one that is covering the caps surrounding the CPU HSF?

My old watercooled rig.. :D Maze4, Chevette heatercore, Maxijet 1200, 1/2 ID tubes.

Attachments

• 100_0650small.jpg
    100_0650small.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,028
I got one of my comp.

Lotec25

Freeze it!

Attachments

• 100_0089.jpg
    100_0089.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,086
Back