• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Server 2003 Proc.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ticktock123

Hello all, I am at work right now trying to figure out a few things. I am trying to type up a report about the proc on our server. I have gotten all but a few and was hoping (REALLY HOPEING) someone could help me. :confused:

DSM_OM_SHRSVC32.exe
DSM_SA_DATAMGR32.exe
DSM_SA_EVENTMGR32.exe
DSM_OM_CONNSVC32.exe

I have done a few searches in Google and I can't even find 1 hit for most of them.

Thanks much
KF

I checked 4 of our 2003 servers and none of them have any of the processes you listed. Must be from some application you have installed or service you configured that is not part of a regular 2003 server.

dsm_om_connsvc32.exe

Is the server a Dell Server running Server Administrator on it?

If you kill the process then try to start server admin it will not work, if you re-anable them in the services and try server admin again it will work. These files are used for that i guess.

I have many Dell servers running Win2K3 and all have these files on them, as all have Server Admin on them.
Hope this helps.

Dell System Management = DSM
Data
Event
Connection

Not sure you still need this since you were "Typing the Report" back in Aug 06

Back