• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking D865PERL possible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D43m05

Registered
After... what, 3 years with this mobo now, i've finally found a way to overclock this board with software.

Ran across a nice prog named SYStool which allows me to overclock the board.

It doesnt have the correct clock generator for the board, but i tried selecting the ICS952607 as the clock gen, and found i was able to oc the proc.

I dont know if this would work with other intel made boards, but it works for mine.

Hope this is helpful to other folks.

is this the software names ClockGen? I tried this already, it doesnt work at all. But actually, the max FSB i can get after use that :bang head software is 111 FSB. If i go any farther, the CPU Usage is going up and down like crazy!! :bang head :bang head
I'm using the P4 1.8 chip and D865PERL as well!! :bang head :bang head

Last edited:
The name of the software i've used is SysTool. It works, and i've been happily chugging along at 3.19ghz since the day of original post.

SysTool can be downloaded at http://www.techpowerup.com/systool/

It features a surprising amount of options for many different Intel and AMD chipsets and allows you to set more aggressive memory timings on both.

Even if you dont have a 865 chipset, its really worth a look into. It also includes a max FSB tool, which tests for the highest possible FSB speed before producing an error.

Sorry for reviving old threads, but I have the same mobo (D865PERL) and I tried doing what you said, but in the log it says:
W ICS952607 is running in wrong mode. Change clocks in your bios to 'custom'.
Can anyone help me as to what I should to do to get past this? The D865PERL BIOS does not have an option to change FSB speeds, and I'm wondering how the topic starter did it.

Back