• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cmos battery k7s5a is low

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

john doe7245

ok i just recieved this computer that someone built me a few days ago and after a week of use it told me that the cmos battery is low and then doesnt load. im not sure what is wrong im kind of new to the site and some stuff is extremely hard to comprehend but this should be easy. i read up on one other guy having this problem and he had to send the mother board back in. i hope i dont have to do this or ill be contacting the fellow that sold it to me.

any help would be appreciated to this much confused newbie

specs of my comp are

athlon 1800+
512 pc2100 ddr ram
radeon 9000
logitech z640

I've had similar problems with two K7S5A boards, flashing the BIOS to the latests one seems to solve the problem.
If that dosn't solve the problem, try changing the battery.

I've also had that happen to a K7S5A in the past. With mine, however, the bios post gave me an option at the bottom to "Hit F1 to continue." The low battery warning usually came up after each time I cleared the bios. After you continue for that first time, it does not come up again until you reset the bios again. Read your whole post screen and see if you have any options.

ok well it gives me the option to either config my bios or to just go ahead and still boot up. the only problem is when i tell it to just skip it now it doesnt even load. windows xp will come up with the loading sign and all that but then the screen just goes black.

how would i go by resetting the bios. not to sure about all that good stuff. oh and the bios version is like 2.0 or 2.1 i believe

What happens if you set the date in the bios then try to load windows?

The way you reset the BIOS is by turning your computer off, then moving a plastic jumper from the right 2 pins, to the left 2 pins wait for a few seconds, then move the jumper back to the right 2 pins. The jumper on your motherboard should be located just behind the AGP slot.

I doubt you would need to reset it though, set the date and time in the BIOS, then try to load windows. And get a new battery just in case, its the silver round battery in the lower right corner of the case.

alright well the time thing seems to have worked for now. so if the problem reoccurs ill come back to you guys.

thanks for the help;)

Back