• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soltek SL-75FRN unable to unlock CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ubehagelig

I thought all nForce2 boards were able to unlock XP's?

Look at this:

"The Soltek SL-75FRN-R is not able to unlock the CPU through its BIOS therefore we had to do a pure front side bus overclock, and were able to achieve a maximum clock frequency of 2470mhz using a front side bus of 190mhz."

Source: http://www.vr-zone.com/reviews/Soltek/75FRNR/

Tell me that isn't true *cry

I just got a new revision SL-75FRN2-L with new A1 Nforce2 northbridge chip. Also has new bios.

I have all multis unlocked in bios, I have Vdd voltage adjustments 1.6 - 1.8v and I have fsb FROM 100 TO 250.

Running right now 10.5 x 228

Those guys at Vr-Zone put out a lame review with an old board that most retailers aren't even selling.

I for one lost allot of respect for vr-zone as a knowledable source of information when they clearly show they have no idea what the current lineup is at Soltek.

My guess is that they have been holding on to that board for few months before finalizing and releasing the review.

Clearly you need to get a 75FRN2-RL and never mind Vr-Zone.

Yeah, I did some more research without finding others claiming the same and in the end I decided it couldn't quite be true. Yesterday I ordered a brand spanking new SL-75FRN2-L with a DLT3C JIUHB0310 1700+.

I should be receiving the board later today and then it's overclocking galore!

Thanks a lot for your answer :)

Seraphic said:
I just got a new revision SL-75FRN2-L with new A1 Nforce2 northbridge chip. Also has new bios.

I have all multis unlocked in bios, I have Vdd voltage adjustments 1.6 - 1.8v and I have fsb FROM 100 TO 250.

Running right now 10.5 x 228

Those guys at Vr-Zone put out a lame review with an old board that most retailers aren't even selling.

I for one lost allot of respect for vr-zone as a knowledable source of information when they clearly show they have no idea what the current lineup is at Soltek.

My guess is that they have been holding on to that board for few months before finalizing and releasing the review.

Clearly you need to get a 75FRN2-RL and never mind Vr-Zone.

I am glad I read your thread I was getting quite confused some reviews saying that the sl-75frn unlocked the mults then the vr zone said not, I am now going to get the sl-75frn2-l with a 1700 jiuhb dltc3 0310, one question does this board have the same problems as the Abit nf7s with the bios corruption.

Great motherboard guys, you will enjoy it.

As for seren's question, I have been to the BIOS countless times so far fixing/chainging settings and no problems for me. I've even flashed my bios to the latest version.

However some people do have problems so its advisable to take it easy in the BIOS, i.e do minimal changes, save and reboot.

I got a Soltek SL-75FRN2-L yesterday and I enjoy it so far. I just have one problem: when I up the FSB, the system resets but it beeps at me and it won't boot unless I clear the CMOS. and I was only going to 138 FSB :(

eplayer87 said:
I got a Soltek SL-75FRN2-L yesterday and I enjoy it so far. I just have one problem: when I up the FSB, the system resets but it beeps at me and it won't boot unless I clear the CMOS. and I was only going to 138 FSB :(

hm.. list your hardware and cooling here, somethings definately not right here, the soltek is an overclocking machine..

whats your memory timings/ratio's?

John

Mr. Chambers said:

hm.. list your hardware and cooling here, somethings definately not right here, the soltek is an overclocking machine..

whats your memory timings/ratio's?

John

My hardware is in my sig, I have a Thermaltake SK-7 and a 30cm fan. My 2100+ is .18 micron not .13. My memory timings are at default. I have no idea what is wrong

eplayer87 said:
How is it my memory?

well your memory in your sig is only PC2100, have you ever had that stick running oc'ed? 2100 = FSB speed of 133.

most sticks will go alittle higher than their rated speeds with alittle voltage boost, but with my experience at least, PNY is not one of the better overclocking memory manufactures...

if you want 200ish fsb speeds, look into some Corsair XMS, or Kingston HyperX.. PC3000 at least, you'd get better oc's with PC3200 or even PC3500 though obviously.

The 75FRN series boards do not play well with a Pally
processor. This is acknowledged by Soltek.

A Tbred processor and you won't have that problem.

For reference to this go to amdmb.com and stop by the
Soltek Boards Forum. Look for the sticky posted by the
Soltek Rep.

Pops.

I think you mean C1 stepping...or does A1=C1?

My SL-FRN2-RL has C1 stepping, and I just got it two days ago.
Currently running at 11 x 200 1.75v. Looking to go higher, but I need allow a little more burn in time.

Back